Enclosure size

muskiemagic

I am thinking of possibly getting a second Leopard Gecko and I'm wondering if a 30x12x12 is actually a good sized enclosure to go with or should I actually maybe go a little bigger ? I know a lot of people say the bigger the better in the long run. I currently have a 36W x 18D x 12H for the Leo I already have which is great and also have two 4x2x2 Bearded Dragon setups so I really dont have the space for another tank any bigger than a 30x12x12. Also I know alot of gecko owners have been adding uvb lighting recently in which case I could probably go with a 30W x 12D x 18H so the uvb isnt to close but it just seems like so much wasted space for a Leo. Would anyone recommend that size or should I just continue using supplements with D3 and stick with a shorter tank.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I know more people are using UVB with leopard geckos, but I've done fine for 20 years with supplementation. Here's a good compromise with a 20 long: you can add a second level with PVC pipe "legs", 2 12"x12" tiles, a mini UTH and some way for the gecko to climb up there. Here's a picture to give you an idea of what it looks like:

Attachments

• SecondLevel.jpg
    SecondLevel.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 4

muskiemagic

I know more people are using UVB with leopard geckos, but I've done fine for 20 years with supplementation. Here's a good compromise with a 20 long: you can add a second level with PVC pipe "legs", 2 12"x12" tiles, a mini UTH and some way for the gecko to climb up there. Here's a picture to give you an idea of what it looks like:
Thats a cool idea. I assume mini uth is attached under top tile

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
It's not taped on. It just floats under there and the dominoes between the two big tiles is so the heat can vent.

Aliza

Visit our friends