ESCAPE!!!

Perefalcon

Jill?????
any ideas on how to lure an escaped crested gecko would be nice, I woke up today and somehow the lid came off the sterilite and he's gone!!!!

G

geckogod2

no offense, but would he not help with the lobster escapes. chances are you'll find him active at night.

M

mayabear52

I didn't have a crested but a leopard that got out once. I placed a heat lamp with his hide on the floor and waited till night. He was in his hide later that night. I don't know if this would help you...I hope it does....I hope you find your escapee.

W

Welsh

Wow; I hope I never loose my Leo or it escapes like your poor Cresty.

MY MOM WOULD FREAK!

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
I lost 2 babies about a month ago, haven't seen them since :(

But like Tim said, at least they will have the roaches to eat :)

Perefalcon

Jill?????
I've turned the house upside down, even pulled out the vents to look down, but the dust has not been disturbed...I even cleared out my closet....that took a while. Nothing. We're not giving up hope till tomorrow lol, I'm gonna put a few plants on the floor tonight and see if he goes to them. But yeah I don't think he'll starve with the roaches loose....I'm more worried about the dog eating him...they're not toxic to dogs are they???

ExcessiveHerps

Leo Addict
Perefalcon said:
I've turned the house upside down, even pulled out the vents to look down, but the dust has not been disturbed...I even cleared out my closet....that took a while. Nothing. We're not giving up hope till tomorrow lol, I'm gonna put a few plants on the floor tonight and see if he goes to them. But yeah I don't think he'll starve with the roaches loose....I'm more worried about the dog eating him...they're not toxic to dogs are they???
You'll be amazed how reptiles get out of cages so fast and how hard they could be to find. I've lost so many herps as a kid mostly turtles and find them nearly every place you could think of, under the fridge, under the dogs bed, behind cages, in the couch everywhere. I get in this mode when a herps out I search EVERYWHERE several times to till I find it if theres bags in the closet I search them. Something are really hard to look under like the under the oven and dish washer and dry/washer can be a pain too. Just don't give up you'll find him/her hopefully I haven't lost but 2 cresties one was behind my racks the other a baby which I never found.
X

G

geckogod2

I lost 2 babies about a month ago, haven't seen them since

i lost a baby gecko and it was missing for 6 months.. somehow it made it from second floor down into the basement (ground cellar) and all the stuff is up on pallets. we could always see it but never catch it, one night i got lucky. i don't worry my self too much about escape , they usually always show up somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

eyelids

Bells Rule!
ExcessiveHerps said:
You'll be amazed how reptiles get out of cages so fast and how hard they could be to find. I've lost so many herps as a kid mostly turtles and find them nearly every place you could think of, under the fridge, under the dogs bed, behind cages, in the couch everywhere. I get in this mode when a herps out I search EVERYWHERE several times to till I find it if theres bags in the closet I search them. Something are really hard to look under like the under the oven and dish washer and dry/washer can be a pain too. Just don't give up you'll find him/her hopefully I haven't lost but 2 cresties one was behind my racks the other a baby which I never found.
X

Reminds me of the baby snapping turtle I was keeping for friend that disapeared. My cat must've got him out of the tank and I figured he ate him because he was no where to be found. Anyways, three weeks later it shows up in my kitchen safe and sound. We returned him to his pond in the spring. All the funny storyness aside, I hope you find you crestie safe and healthy.

J

JBrune

Night watch

I had 2 cresties escape in the house. Once the kids went to bed, I turned out all the lights and sat in the living room with a flash light. I had the TV on and sure enough at about 11:30p they came out looking for food. One in the book shelf close to their tank and the other all the way across the room on the fireplace mantle.
Best of luck!
Joyce

Visit our friends