Escapee

CandaPanda

Hello all, I am new to this forum and have not gotten a chance to participate very much because things have been hectic. Anyways, I just got two mac snow baby leos and I haven't even had them for a month yet. I'm getting the hang of them and I completely adore them. The only thing is that one of them (Tabu) is starting to get very active and climbing on the tops of things I have in their tank and is starting to jump when I open the lid. Recently she jumped and hit the glass almost near the top. At first it startled me because I hadn't seen them be THAT active yet but now it is worrying me because I do not want her to get out. It also makes me feel a tad sad cause I am holding her captive. Is this normal for them to want to get out? Is there anything I could to make her more pleased with her new home? Any thoughts or ideas would be pleasantly welcomed.
Thanks!:)

Srt14292

Est; 1992
She sounds like she is just a very active gecko, have you got lots of hiding places in the viv, stuff they can move around with, plants and such and such. Each gecko has a different personality you will come to realise, give her some things to interact with. As long as the top is secure then she will not escape. Seems like she just wants to explore so take some time out each day to handle her for 5/10 mins minimum.

CandaPanda

I have not really started to handle them yet. Maybe I will. I'm slightly worried that she is going to run away and hide somewhere if I take her out though. *sigh* Thank you for your help, I'm going to go out and get some more things for the tank.

Visit our friends