European Green Toad Care

reptinut

I'm contemplating purchasing a small group of 15 european green toads. I can find very little good care information on them, much less how to breed them. Suggestions anyone?

Baoh

I've kept several of them during summers spent in Greece. Most of the imports I have seen lack the stark contrast between white and green that my past individuals had, but that is really neither here nor there. I suspect this may, in part, be due to the multitude of white river bed stones that are frequently around their roaming grounds.

Anyway, they, like other Euro toads, can be kept pretty much the same as most NA toads. Temperate setup. You could easily use mulch, fiber, or some soil mix as substrate. Give them some cork bark or something to hide under as well as some heavy dishes filled with water. They will burrow into the substrate at will, be more active at dusk and during the night, and will respond positively to being sprinkled with water every now and again. Insects of various sorts for feeders will be fine.

Post some pics when you get them.

I have nothing to support this, but if you breed them, I would expect that your captive raised offspring will be brighter in color than animals left to fend on their own.

Lutrani

Could I ask where both of you were able to get your European Green Toads? I live in Canada and have been trying to find some for over 7 years now, but they are frustratingly rare for so common a herp. I just live true toads and would really like to have some of these beauties.
Anyway, any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

katie_

Wonder Reptiles
Could I ask where both of you were able to get your European Green Toads? I live in Canada and have been trying to find some for over 7 years now, but they are frustratingly rare for so common a herp. I just live true toads and would really like to have some of these beauties.
Anyway, any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

I'll sell you mine.
I bought them last year from a supplier (I have access to them via work) and have yet to see anymore on any more lists.
I love them but Id like to focus more on my geckos.

Visit our friends