Explain the morph?

JacobLovesLeos

I got this "fancy" leopard gecko from ++++++++ today and I was wondering the special morph that makes it fancy. Please get back asap thanks

7cfcce360cdcbf212ba2a1a3cae8c6e2.jpg

6be4ec7081802a9a69b6bb8dbe10633a.jpg

c9e970300aced3ac1ae1c9e749853c37.jpg

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
It's basically fancy if they say it's fancy. In this case, I would guess they mean anything that's different from a "normal" or "wild type" leopard gecko. A "normal" leopard gecko would have even side to side black bands at hatching and by the age of this one, would have spotting all over the body. This one has 2 differences:
--the black band nearest its shoulder is "broken" (i.e. not complete). This is often called aberrant (broken tail or body bands, but not both) or, in this case, "circle back" for obvious reasons.
--there aren't a lot of spots. It's even possible that all the body spots will disappear. if all disappear it could be called a 'super hypo". If 10 or fewer body spots remain it will be a "hypo" and if there are more than 10 spots but not that many, you could call it a "high yellow".
In my own breeding scheme, I wouldn't consider that gecko to be that unusual, though, of course, it remains an attractive gecko.

Aliza

Visit our friends