fake rock wall questions

MellowMan24

hey i just finished grouting my rock wall and i was wondering if u needed to to paint it to seal it?

need fast replies please

MellowMan24

i bought a high quality grout (left over from kitchen remodel) and it all ready has sealer built in it do i still need to seal it??

MellowMan24

I'm Done take a look! they can climb straight up the walls with ease
P1080287.jpg

P1080289.jpg

ledge. they love it every one of them has climbed up to it so far.
P1080291.jpg

@ mellowman:

firstly, congrats on the finished job- looks awesome!

i have woodworking skills learned from my finish carpenter/cabinet-builder father and am planning a nice custom viv made from wood.

question: how do you tackle the belly heat problem? do you use flex-watt heat tape? if so, can it be placed directly on top of the wood with tile on a sand bed over the top of the heat tape? or do you need to put some sort of barrier between the heat tape and the wooden bottom of the viv? i've also seen heat cable mentioned on the forum before. i'm guessing this would also be a good choice when dealing with a wooden viv rather than a uth on a glass tank although i've never seen a pic or seen it described in any detail. any pics of your belly-heat system as well as any suggestions would be great! just worried about fire-hazzards-

MellowMan24

:main_laugh: :main_laugh: :main_laugh: :main_laugh: :main_laugh: :main_laugh: :main_laugh:......wait i'm not done :main_laugh: :main_laugh: :main_laugh:
jk
its not a wooden tank (oh and i didnt build the wood part my father did it) its arcrilic and i used a UTH and if ur wondering about how the UTH is touching with no air flow....ur not seeing every thing heres a pic of the under tank heater.
P1070283.jpg

noticed the wood under the tank is cut out so the heater pad is not touching anything.

Visit our friends