Feeding Dubia to levis & Milii???

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
I have fed dubia to my levis before, but he doesn't like them much. He prefers crickets.

SFgeckos

Yes, I've raised many generations of different knobs strictly on dubia roaches. I've tried feeding experiments on clutchmates of different species (one fed crickets, one fed dubia) and the average growth rate overall was about the same if they are gutloaded properly. Some advanced keepers swear by dubia roaches for breeding females and I've had great success myself.

I wasn't at the Petaluma show last year, but if I'm there this year I'll give you a bunch like I did years ago!

Jon

Kangas Kritters

Everybody needs a Kritter
Thanks

Thank you for the responses. I was given a small group of dubia to feed my one leopard gecko and am now over run with them. I'm trying to decide whether to sell the excess or get more geckos!

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
Thank you for the responses. I was given a small group of dubia to feed my one leopard gecko and am now over run with them. I'm trying to decide whether to sell the excess or get more geckos!

Get more geckos! :main_evilgrin:

Kangas Kritters

Everybody needs a Kritter
Jon

Hey Jonathan,
I meant to email you this past week about that amazing carrot tailed gecko of yours that was pictured in REPTILES magazine this month. Good job with your breeding efforts! Hope to see you this year.
Charlton

bombax1212

dubia

I have tried feeding dubia to knob-tails with no success. If the dubia are not eaten immediately, they burrow into the sand and eventually die. It is annoying because I don't know if my knobies are fed. I don't see how to get around the burrowing, which stinks because I have a large dubia colony.

Josh

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
I have tried feeding dubia to knob-tails with no success. If the dubia are not eaten immediately, they burrow into the sand and eventually die. It is annoying because I don't know if my knobies are fed. I don't see how to get around the burrowing, which stinks because I have a large dubia colony.

Josh

I bury a shallow dish in the sand, so whatever insect I'm feeding can't get out. My amyae will eat the dubias, but my levis will only eat them once in a while. I think its due to the lack of movement. I'm now trying lateralis with my levis, he doesn't like them also...I might have to go back to crickets once again, ugh!

ucal

dubia

Like others I find my amyae like them the best (probably because they can handle them better). I have seen my levis and wheeleri eat them but like others have said if you wait too long they will burrow in the sand and I have a strict rule about knowing where every loose roach is when it is inside the house.

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
I bury a shallow dish in the sand, so whatever insect I'm feeding can't get out. My amyae will eat the dubias, but my levis will only eat them once in a while. I think its due to the lack of movement. I'm now trying lateralis with my levis, he doesn't like them also...I might have to go back to crickets once again, ugh!

Just want to update on my levis. It took a long while, but he is eating the lateralis now. The key is to pick the smaller ones and take off the back legs so they're not overly fast. Fingers crossed that I can say bye-bye to crickets forever...!

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
I have seen my levis and wheeleri eat them but like others have said if you wait too long they will burrow in the sand and I have a strict rule about knowing where every loose roach is when it is inside the house.
Ditto that!!!

Visit our friends