feeding Nefertiri, my Tokay

Bethany02086

So after trying crickets, giant meal worms and super worms, the only thing my Tokay will eat is F/T pinkies wiggled in front of its mouth with chopsticks. It won't eat live (my husband tried -_-') and it won't come down to the bottom....ever. it won't eat purreed fruit, smashed banana, or anything else. I spray it's cage down 1-3 times daily depending on the humidity. It's cage is around 85 during the day and 75 at night. I currently feed it around 3 or so pinkies a week. Is this ok? Is this a healthy diet? Thanks.

Khenut

They're pretty high in fat, so I don't think solely feeding her on that is the best option. Try Phoenix worms- they're a larval form of the Phoenix fly and wriggle like there's no tomorrow! My Leo is very picky and won't eat anything unless it moves a ton, so they naturally worked very well. They are also super high in calcium and phosphorus so there isn't a need to dust them. Be persistent with your lil gecko! :)

GiggleSheep

How long have you had it? Sometimes they don't eat for a week or so after first introduced to a new home. Stress can also be a big factor. My female just went on a month long fasting spree because she was getting ready to lay an egg and was pretty stressed, but she's doing great now.

jenna

I had a no eating problem for a few weeks. I made sure the humidity didn't drop below 60%, and it stayed 80*F night and day. With a basking spot of about 90-100 with a blue day light. He now has his old self back, eating like a champ and even moving around his enclosure. Try to waen your off of mice, variety is good in a diet. Try things that move alot, mine loves wax worms!

Visit our friends