feeding question

Blakskall

Tyler B
my juvenile gecko norbert, ate pretty well this past week, 2 days ago i gave him crickets a little bit on the larger size (the only ones available at my petstore) he ate about 3 of thos.. he looked pretty full after tht, yesterday he didnt seem interested in crickets and 2day he doesn't want any either... could he still b full full from the larger crickets? I think hes digesting them well, he slimmed out, n theres gecko droppings all over his tank

Blakskall

Tyler B
ok, so its been 3 days... n he still isnt interested in the crickets.. he steps ryt over them.. im gettin kinda worried..

daveim

cats, dogs, lizards, etc.
oh, my gecko did that too. The puking, I beleive, is caused by insufficient substrate heat and/or excitement, e.g. if you took him out. he won't eat regularly for a while, until he gets used to his cage. The problem with crickets is that you can't leave them in the cage or they'll nip at the gecko. Just give him time, eventually he'll start coming out more and eating regularly.

Blakskall

Tyler B
thank u, i believe the heating is fine, its not so much the whole side of the tank is heated, the UTH just gives him a warm spot.. but i see him on it all the time.. i guess ill just hav 2 b patient..

Blakskall

Tyler B
well norbert did eat some pretty large crickets lol u cood actually see a big bulge in his little body after he was done lol

Visit our friends