Feeding schedule for older juvenile

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I've had my first crestie since August (thanks, Jeanne) and he's about 6 months old now and at least 20 grams. So far I've been alternating daily between CGD and dusted crickets. I'm not sure how much of the CGD he's eating and he still loves his crickets. I think he may be ready for a more adult feeding schedule where he doesn't get fed every day, but I'm not sure how to manage that between the CGD and the crickets. I imagine he'll eat more CGD and fewer crickets as he gets older based on what I've read in the forum. Any suggestions or advice?

Aliza

crestedgeckogirly

Well, everyone feeds a bit differently, but I personally do:

Tues: CGD
Thurs: CGD
Sat: CGD and Feeder insects

I do this with all my cresties though...babies start out w/feeders at about 4 weeks of age.

Like I said, everyone is a little different. Hope this helps though...good luck!

-Andrea ;)

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Thanks. Maybe I'll merge him in with my day gecko regimen, only at night instead of in the morning.

Aliza

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
Aliza,

I feed my juvie Cresteds about 5 or 6 days a week, 3-4 days CGD and 2 days crickets. And, every once in a while I switch the CGD with fruit flavored baby food :)

P.S. I would LOVE to see an updated picture!

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I'm still not too good with a camera. The first one is blurry but does a better job of showing his true colors. This is Spencer who I got from Jeanne in August.

Aliza

Visit our friends