Feeding strike

Bbravo

Hey all, my female Leo has stopped eating. I've tried a few different sizes of both mealworms and crickets with no luck. She is still acting normal, and has a pudgy little belly, just no interest in eating. It's been about a week since she's eaten last. Any advice would be appreciated. I've included a picture of her and her mealworm friend. Maybe she's gone full vegan on me

Attachments

• 20210316_181202.jpg
    20210316_181202.jpg
    1,020.3 KB · Views: 2

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
If she's an adult, it's breeding season and she may be ovulating. This is not unusual and it's not a problem if she doesn't eat for a few weeks (or more sometimes) even. I have a number of geckos in this situation. Keep offering and try not to let it bother you.

Aliza

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
If you're feeling extra concerned you can start keeping a log of her feeding, watering, and weight. If you keep track of these things now, maybe it won't be as concerning next time it happens?

Bbravo

If she's an adult, it's breeding season and she may be ovulating. This is not unusual and it's not a problem if she doesn't eat for a few weeks (or more sometimes) even. I have a number of geckos in this situation. Keep offering and try not to let it bother you.

Aliza
Thank you for the reply! This definitely puts my mind at ease. She is the first female I've owned, so this situation is certainly new too me.

Bbravo

If you're feeling extra concerned you can start keeping a log of her feeding, watering, and weight. If you keep track of these things now, maybe it won't be as concerning next time it happens?
Thank you for the reply! I love the idea and will definitely have to start documenting these things.

Visit our friends