Female about to lay

BalloonzForU

Ok, my first gravid female crestie is about to lay her first clutch. She's finally digging!!! I've seen a few pics of them guarding their clutch. Are they passive like Leos, when guarding, or will I need to use a little finesse to remove the eggs?

Jeremy Letkey

Jaded by reality!!
I can honestly say that I have never been attacked while trying to remove eggs. :p

IMG_4936Small.jpg

BalloonzForU

WOW! Awesome pic Jeremy.

LOL Brandy. I had placed them together and decided to wait till next year, so I separated the male from the females, but looks like one of the females may have had some fun.... :) We'll see how this female does. I really didn't want to get into it big like the leos. However I'm all ready! I've got the egg box ready and a nice spot cleared off the top of my hatchling rack. I also have plenty of critter keepers of different size for the babies. Now it's just the waiting. :(

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
Yeah! Congrats Felicia! Wait until you see your first baby Crested. They are so darn cute :)

I haven't had any problem getting the eggs out of the container. After laying they will leave the container and you can get them out. Sometimes they stay in the container for a while after laying, I just wait until they come out before getting the eggs.

BalloonzForU

Jeanne said:
Yeah! Congrats Felicia! Wait until you see your first baby Crested. They are so darn cute :)

I haven't had any problem getting the eggs out of the container. After laying they will leave the container and you can get them out. Sometimes they stay in the container for a while after laying, I just wait until they come out before getting the eggs.

Thank you Jeanne!

Cool. I just didn't want to stress her out anymore than I have to retrieving the eggs. It's funny I ready you can't see the eggs in a crestie, but I can see their outlines and I was surprised that I could feel them too. I can't feel anything when I palpate anything, but I could feel these! :main_thumbsup: They remind me of little Mike & Ikes in there, just a little wider! lol Too much Halloween candy still in the house.

Do they test digg like leos, their first time around? She's stopped digging and I didn't find any eggs. :(

Last edited:

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
BalloonzForU said:
Do they test digg like leos, their first time around? She's stopped digging and I didn't find any eggs. :(

I never noticed that, but I do notice that they will be in their hide for like a whole day straight (At least it seams) befor laying.

Visit our friends