female chahoua

lund209

Hi i hope someone can help me, i have 3 mainland and 4 pine island i was going to try and breed them this season but i feel that they are not the right weight.

The two older pine island`s are two years old and only weigh 46.5 g each and both laid two eggs each just before xmas last year they just don`t seem to eat any of the repashy food or the clarks food or any livefood but when thay were babies they would eat anything you would put in there. I feed all my geckos 3 times a week

They have a 2% uvb light on i dont use any heat on them apart from central heating which is on about 75f.The other two pine island are a bit younger about 18 months old they also have been together as babies one is bigger then the other so i am thinking that one is more dominent. These do not have any uv on.

My mainland all live together as well with no uv on and all my female geckos have a pot of calcum in the vivarium.

So what i would like to know is can females live together and why are they not puting weight on.
Thanks Paul.

Hannibal

Gray Sky Exotics
Two females can live together, but you have to watch them to make sure there is no dominance issues going on. What size enclosure are the 2 females in? Do they have plenty or corkbark and plants? How many hours of light do they currently get? Have you tried to offer fresh pureed non-citrus fruit?

lund209

the older pair are in a exo-terra viv 18x18x18 and the younger pair of pine island are in a 24 h x18w x18 d exo-terra viv and yes i give them pureed fruit.

Visit our friends