Female juvenile gecko won't eat

Bliss13

Hello,
I just bought a new female leopard gecko 17 days ago. She just turned 7 months old. She has yet to eat anything for me. I have tried mealworms, BSFL, and dubia. She just isn't interested. She stays in her cool moist hide 24/7 pretty much. I've seen her out a few times only. She has lost about 3 grams since I brought her home. She currently weighs 37 grams. Her tail appears healthy. She doesn't move much but will change positions in her moist hide sometimes. When I pick her up she feels cold and moves slowly. I will tried placing her in her warm hide a couple times but she just goes right back to her cold moist hide. No evidence of MBD that I can see. I have found 2 poops total that looked and smelled normal. She is in a 20 gallon long tank with an UTH set to 90 degrees with a thermostat. Cool side is about 74 degrees. Substrate is cabinet liner. I did just put eco earth coco fiber in her moist hide as the paper towels kept drying out too quickly. No evidence of impaction. I bought her from a reputable breeder on Morph Market and was able to pick her up locally so she wasn't shipped. I was told she was eating mealworms well before I got her. Any ideas? Still just adjusting? Give it more time? I will post some pics of her. The last two photos where the day I brought her home, the others today. She is my 4th gecko and I haven't had this issue before. I know some geckos can take a while to adjust when brought home but just want some thoughts and maybe just reassurance. Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• meeka1.jpg
    meeka1.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 5
  • meeka2.jpg
    meeka2.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 5
  • meeka3.jpg
    meeka3.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
  • meeka4.jpg
    meeka4.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
  • meeka5.jpg
    meeka5.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 5
  • meeka6.jpg
    meeka6.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
It does sound as if you're doing everything right. She looks great too, and I wouldn't worry about a 3-gram loss. At this point, unless you find other things of concern, the best you can do is to keep offering and hope she'll start eating. If she lets you handle her, you could try to hold her and gently poke a feeder at her mouth.

Aliza

Bliss13

Thanks for your reply Aliza! I admire all your knowledge. I have read most of your articles as of late. Sounds good. I think I just needed reassurance as all my other geckos are food gluttons.

Bliss13

Unfortunately it appears my gecko has Enigma Syndrome. I pulled her out today to see if she would walk around and she was star gazing, had a head tilt, was constantly walking around in circles, was very wobbly and shaky and was running into things. I tried assist feeding her for 20 minutes and she wouldn't take anything. I tried dubia and mealworms today. She also seems a lot weaker than my other geckos. Laying on belly with legs splayed out. She would mostly just scoot rather than walk. I am really concerned for her. I contacted the breeder I bought her from to get his input so awaiting his reply.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I hope he can give you decent information. Some enigmas can develop problems later in life, so she may have been OK when she was with the breeder. Your gecko may eat for you eventually. I had to hand feed my enigma for most of the time I had her.

Aliza

Visit our friends