Female Leo acting stange

equinelove93

Hey everyone i have a question about my 3 year old female leo.

My female recently has been acting like shes almost in a burmation state. She never goes to her heat mat anymore which she has a nice hide and a humid hide ontop of. I check the temps everyday. The mat is at 90 degrees. Lately shes been on the cold end of the tank which is about the temperature of my room right now at 77. I just cleaned out her viv and handled her. Shes very cold to the touch and sluggish and slow from being cold.

I monitor my temps using both a thermometer with a probe as well as a temp gun. She has also not very interested in eating. She has always been a monster when it comes to eating and she has been a hefty type where i had to decrease her food when she got fat. Normally thus female loves the hot side of the tank. She would always be on her mat and in the winter i have a low wattage CHE resting on the lid running. So its very unusual for me to see her hiding in the cold end of the tank all day and night.

Even after a meal she will not go on her heat mat to digest. I tried changing up the hides and tank set up before but has made no difference. The have been no major changes to anything that would stress her out.

This is her set up and diet:
20 gallon, paper towel substrate. Full clean weekly
2 hot hides (one humid) 90 degrees
One warm hide 85 degrees
One cool hide (currently my room temp at 77.)
Water dish and pure calcium dish
She eats gut loaded crickets dusted in a rotation of calcium + vit d, pure calcium, a mutivitamin and a day with no dusting.
She has dropped a little weight from 75 grams to 70 grams.
Will ocassionaly feed her a super worm as a treat.

What could be causing her to suddenly stop liking the cool end of her tank? Should i be concerned.?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Visit our friends