Female Leopard Gecko NOT eating

Steve2

Hi,

My female leopard gecko is refusing ALL food and in my opinion is getting thinner.

She isn't a big eater anyway but since she has met my male gecko she has stopped eating and I think she is stressed out because he bit her twice. There are no marks on her and they are NOT kept together. I introduced them to each other before realising that they are the opposite sex to each other.

What can I do to make her start eating again, I am really worried about her.

They will NEVER meet each other again!
helpsmilie.gif
icon_redface.gif

Geckomaster743

Hi,

My female leopard gecko is refusing ALL food and in my opinion is getting thinner.

She isn't a big eater anyway but since she has met my male gecko she has stopped eating and I think she is stressed out because he bit her twice. There are no marks on her and they are NOT kept together. I introduced them to each other before realising that they are the opposite sex to each other.

What can I do to make her start eating again, I am really worried about her.

They will NEVER meet each other again!
helpsmilie.gif
icon_redface.gif
We will see what we can do, How old is the Male and How old is she ( If the age is unknown give us a Size Estimate ). I believe its just stress and that you should leave the Worms in her cage, I prefer that you use Wax Worms to try and get her too eat ( DO NOT OVERFEED WAX WORMS OR SHE WILL REFUSE MEALWORMS/CRICKETS/ETC). Giving her about 1 - 2 Should fix things. Do not expose her to the Male ever again.

Gopherhockey03

If you are truly worried I recommend a vet visit. The more you tell us the more we can help.

How long were they together before you removed them?
I know they are separated but are they still in the same room?
How long has it been since she ate?
What time do you try feeding her?
What are you trying to feed her?

LeoLover1

3 Year Member
First tell us about your set-up, to determine if there are any environmental stresses. Also, get a scale, its a more accurate way to determine if they are actually losing weight. Leos can go a long time without losing weight.

If everything else is good, there are appetite stimulators like Repta-Aid that work pretty well. They give needed energy and vitamins to help carry them over. Just a dab on their nose a couple times a day, and they'll lick it off. I've used it successfully before.

Geckomaster743

I also use Repti - Boost just like Leolover, It helped me get a Couple of my Geckos get back on eating. Any way we can't help until you share some information.

Maddy123

Mabey you should give her a bath with luke warm water.Thats what some people say ive done it and the leopard gecko ate.(begginer)

Visit our friends