female never cooperates

david13

i put my female leo in with my male and my male was going nuts and chasing her around and flicking his tail..but she would just run..i know she has to ovulate but do they sometimes like not ovulate all yr or something...i havent really been looking so maybe she keeps ovulating when im not paying attention but idk...but shes 3 yrs old and still hasnt mated...

Clink

Aspiring Hobby Breeder
You can try housing them together for a year (if it takes that long). Then there will probably be no way she can sneak in an ovulation. If he is a major breeder in your collection, that may be a problem.
Maybe she doesn't like him? I've heard of that too.

david13

im jsut afraid hed be chasing her around the whole time and shed be stressed out and they would get in a fight..

Clink

Aspiring Hobby Breeder
True, but if she's not ovulating, won't he settle down after the initial "hello, how are you?"
My high yellow was very skiddish to begin with because she had never been around other geckos, and when I put her in with my old albino girl, she would just lick at her, and she would freak out, wagging her tail and zip around the enclosure. Now she doesn't even bat an eye when any of the new geckos in the enclosure move around.
Dunno though. :)

Visit our friends