finally @ temp..m/f inc temp?

boutiquegecko

Finally I got my incubator to keep a steady temp. I ended up attaching the top of my hovabator to the bottom of a styrofoam cooler. Took the disk off the hovabator, added a bottle of water. And get this-had to tape the digital thermometer probe about 2 inches away from the heat source as well as the thermostat probe. Then I put a regular ol mercury therm where the eggs would be. Thermostat goes on at 92 and keeps the rest of the incubator about a steady 84/85. Something is either wrong with the thermostat or thermometer.
Anyhow, I'm going for a mix of male/female. Is 84/85 a good temp to get mixes? Or should it be higher. Also will these be hot females then?

eyelids

Bells Rule!
Temperatures from 84-87 are supposed to produce any even ratio. Hot females are females that hatch at high male temps like 90-92.

BalloonzForU

I've been incubating at 85 degrees this season, as of now, out of 7 sexible hatchling only 2 are male, and they happen to be clutchmates. I thought I would get more of a even mix of males and females, I guess next season I'll try 86 degrees.

eyelids

Bells Rule!
Felicia I've been incubating at 86-87 I'll let you know my results when enough babies have hatched. If I'm correct you were talking about Macks right?

Visit our friends