Finaly I got Fat tails

J

jbjb2009

So I got 1.3 breeding group for cheap . I will have them here tomorow morning.If anyone has some good advice with these it would be nice because I'm new to them but I've done research thanks

L

lil_katiedan

Congrats! AFTs are a great species to work with. I especially love their temperment. Did you get any stripes, amels?

Stitch

Just make sure to keep the humidity higher than you would your leos and you should be fine. Care is essentially the same other than humidity and a slight difference in temps.

Please post pics! I have a amel male and het female.

J

jbjb2009

wow this is weird

Ok so I got the aft todat at like 10 o clock and I got the box and it said keep below 35 degres then there were some newspaper wraped with some little card board boxes the aft where in there and they lookeed dead no eyes open the boxes were cold the heat pads were cold one of them was upside down . Then I but them under a heat pad and got movment mintutes later . thay looked realy little and there arms were twigish and there tails were little deflated stubs wrinkley. I'm pissed off

J

jbjb2009

mad

So the person I bought them from now tells me there wild caught and they have been in captivitey fo 8 to 14 months but they look like babies and there suppuose to be adult

Stitch

Regardless of them be CB or WC. If you are not satisfied ask for a refund upon them being returned. Any decent breeder will take back any unwanted geckos. You should get a refund for the geckos but you probably won't get one for the shipping.

My personal preference, but I would not want any WC, they are harder to acclimate.

Kotsay1414

You feed 'em we breed 'em
Hey Brain, I was reading through his posts, I'm not sure if you will get a full refund. He did say that he did not see pictures of them, so it will be tough.

Sounds like you're dealing with a scumbag. Best of luck with the situation, keep us posted.

Stitch

Yeah, I was still typing when he responded. But pics will still help to prove what their condition is like.

Go back through all of your conversations with him. If he was missleading about them being adults or WC then you may have something to stand on.

Hey Brain

It's B-R-I-A-N :main_laugh:

It's amazing how many people get that wrong. :main_cool3:

J

jbjb2009

wc

Yes i he said it stated they were long term aft he says that means wild caught wll why didn't she say wild caught?

Kotsay1414

You feed 'em we breed 'em
jbjb2009 said:
Yes i he said it stated they were long term aft he says that means wild caught wll why didn't she say wild caught?
He didn't say it because he was attempting to deceive you, the same reason why you didn't get the pictures.

Sorry man

Stitch

I agree with Kotsay, she gave you the run around. I'd still fight for what it's worth, but that's just me. Voice your opinion and make sure to let us know who they are so we don't buy from them.

Please post some pics, I'm sure we'd all still like to see them.

J

jbjb2009

the second day

So its the second day and right when I put them in the cage they whent straight to there moss castle that's upside down so they get no light in there and I got a uth under it they have not came out that I have seen but one had to of because he went to the bathroom in the water dish so I got one quick question since these are wild caught do I need to keep treating them for parasites also is that normal behavior

Visit our friends