First Bearde Dragon. Please read

IronGecko

Irongecko
So my girlfriend just purchased a bearded dragon. She arrived last monday. We let her be for about a week. Now she has been trying to handle her. But when she does hold her the dragon seems very scared and trys to run. My question is will she get better with time? Or does anyone have suggestions on how to go about this a better way?

geckoboy16

Beardies are usually very friendly and wont mind being handled. The question is, did she buy a baby beardie? because they are small and tend to be very skittish. If she bought an adult it would probably be ok being handled. I'd suggest just letting it accomadate itself to its new surroundings before trying again. Good luck!

prettyinpink

As the above poster said they will be very skittish as babies. I got Kirby just a week after he hatched along with his sister... and they were running all over the place. I had to take time to get them to get used to handling.

But if you have an adult and it's not used to being handled you'll have to take time with it to tell her you won't eat her :) But they're usually very tame to begin with.

Congrats on your new addition and Good Luck :)

Visit our friends