Fisrt of 2010

greenhousegecko

Hi guys last year I unintentionally became a gecko breeder due to one of my students, but it got me really excited about the entire process so I decided breed them this year. I have a couple of questions for you all: 1) Of the hatchlings that I had last year most of them started off well and then one by one they fell prey to MBD. Their containers all had an UTH, several moist and dry hides, a dish with calcium, water, and food. I don't want a repeat of last year is there anything you can suggest? 2) Secondly this is a picture of my new babies. Dad, Helios, was the product of a reverse stripe x stripe and is 50% het tremp and 50% het eclipse. Mom, Gaea, is 66% het eclips and 50% het tremp. I know I have one normal here, but what do I call the other one? Thanks! A side note- I have included a pic of the parents...it is well over a year old so please don’t think I bread Gaea as a juvenile!

Vision Geckos

visiongeckos.com
Preventing MBD mostly has to do with feeding them calcium. Calcium with d3 and calcium without d3. Both are equally important.

You definitely have a stripe of some sort. The dorsal stripe is there, and it may even qualify for reverse stripe.

We would need eye pics to see if either is eclipse. Neither look albino to me.

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
As Matt said the two forms of calcium are important. Also make sure you dust their food because some geckos refuse to lick calcium from a dish.

As far as the offspring I would say you have a normal and a jungle (eye pic is needed to determine eclipse). The only reason I call it a jungle and not a rs is because the pattern does not begin at the base of the neck. It is a stripped jungle but not reverse stripe. Some may feel different but this is how I would label it.

greenhousegecko

updated pics of Jungle

I am so excited with this jungle I hatched. She is an awesome apricot/tangerine color with purple patches.

Visit our friends