Florida Wildlife

30secondstobob

On the rare occasion I have nothing to do on weekends, I like to head out to the beaches or one of our many free parks and snap a few pictures of our local wildlife. Bob

birds013.jpg

birds038.jpg

birds008.jpg

birds019.jpg

birds034.jpg

007.jpg

008-3.jpg

025-1.jpg

016.jpg

015.jpg

birds043.jpg

Dimidiata

Got to love our wildlife. I have pics of everything but that darned skink. I do have one of a babby skink though(completely unsure of species). I love it. Great blue herons have long been one of my favorite birds in FL, they are just so inquisitive about us humans, when i go fishing i normaly end up feeding a few of them.

Dimidiata

Oh, I have hundreds more haha. Didn't want to overdo it all at once. Bob

DO IT. Im lacking in the reptile department as far as photography goes. I have a ton of brids though. I actually got otters and know where to get more belive it or not. They were in the most odd of areas(a pond behind my old ghetto apartmen complex) imagine my surprise of looking out on the little thing and then having an otter pop up to look at me XD.

Dimidiata

South eastern five lined, correct me if im wrong. I love em. They can get QUITE colorful. The one if have a pic of is a ground skink. Tiny lil fellas. We have a broadheaded out on the school farm, he resides in a pile of wood near a tree for the most part but getting a pic is impossible, and i belive i have come across a sand skink once before and thought it has a snake. I love the skinks, want to keep them one day.

EDIT: you know bob, i blame you for my renewed intrest in these lil guys. I can see one in my future now -_-.

Last edited:

LeopardShade

Spotted Shadow
Love the photos of the egrets. You got great photos of the physical changes they go through during breeding season, such as the fanning aigrettes and extreme base-of-bill colors (that lime green one is amazing!) I frequently follow the activity of the "local" Great Blue Herons, Great Egrets, and Snowy Egrets, and have been noticing these changes indicative of courtship and breeding season for a while now. You did a great job of capturing those.

That gator is amazing too!

30secondstobob

Thanks for the compliments! My camera is very inadequate with a very minimal zoom, but I get lucky and get a good shot every now and then. :) I believe Sam is correct on the skink and I believe it is a female. The males usually have blue and yellow stripes - very pretty. Bob

Ambyrlynne

I had a skink in my yard once along with alligators all the time when our pond is full.

30secondstobob where did you shoot these at? Random FL locations or like tampa bay area?

Visit our friends