Flukers High-Calcium Cricket Diet?

D

Dreaddinit

I got some of this today and I was wondering if this could be used as a D3 supplement? It has D3 in it according to the ingredients along with just calcium. Sorry if this may have been posted before but I looked and didnt see any info on it.

Imperial Geckos

LIVE THE LIFE ™
Its cricket food, not calcium for geckos.

You can feed the Flukers High-Calcium Diet to your crickets (even though i prefer to feed my crickets more vitamins, greens, and protein), this is called gut-loading. Then when you feed your crickets to your gecko, your gecko is practically eating what the cricket ate. Healthy Crickets=Healthy Gecko. I would still however dust the crickets before you feed them to your gecko with some sort of calcium powder.

Hope this helps!

-Alex

UnicornSpirit

Graphic Designer
When humans ingest too much calcium we simply pass it through our system. I can imagine it's probably the same for insects... so giving it a high calcium food is pointless, especially if you're just going to dust them with it anyways. I feed my crickets a combo of (and I switch it up) apple slices, carrots, pelleted juvenile bearded dragon food (full of vitamins and fiber). Sometimes I'll give my crickets cereal if I need to throw something quick in (healthy cereals... not sugary kiddie ones).

Visit our friends