Fogger

Z

zenonleo

Hi . I've booked a pair of Uroplatus Phantasticus and im buliding terrarium . Im thinking about fogger . What do you think ? this is good idea ? to make humidity higher when im away ? ANd what will be better if thats good idea ? Repti foger or Exo terra fogger ?

Regards !

syntheticreality

Newbie gecko addict
The zoo med ones are overpriced. You can search online and buy ultrasonic foggers for about half as much.

I set one up in our Sikorae tank and it works nicely. I'd recommend putting it in a container where the geckos cannot reach it and just cut holes to allow fog to pour out. If they geckos can get too close to it, they can kind of get zapped by it.

The other issues with it are 1. they use up water really fast so you may want a big resevoir to put it in. I am currently working on setting it up in a big tank on top of my viv's with hoses to just dump fog into them. The other issue is that too much fog leaves puddles in the cage.

DAWNoftheLEO

http://www.mainlandmart.com/foggers.html

Check this site out, wayyy better foggers. I use them for goniurosaurus and my morelia virids.

I use hoses, the second cheapest foggers, a big ziploc container as resevoir, biggest issue is keeping humidity in.. If you get passed that, you only need fogger on a a couple hours if that a day, i'd imagine your substrate would get wet after a about a half hour or so..

And it's really neat!!!!!!!!!!!!

MattP

The Zoo Med one is the best, in my opinion. It goes outside of the tank, therefore it lasts longer and is easier to maintain. Zoo Med also has excellent customer service. They will literally take anything back if you are not happy with it.

No matter which fogger you get, make sure you use distilled water. If you search online, you can find the Zoo Med one for about $50.00.

Visit our friends