Gecko Condo!

P

project1

well my setups are 22L by 22W by 8T inches all of course which comes out to 15 gal i think. the screen should be fine my beardie cages are 4ft long with screen doors and hold at 97 all day long for about 2ft of the cage. i think screen will be fine and your doin a test run so you can find out quick if its gonna work or not. and my design is pretty much rusty's design just so im not taken credit i just tweaked it alittle to what i needed to fit.

Ratman667

22x22x8=16.76 gallons.

I'm gonna have to put mine on the side burner for a while. My impact wrench just crapped out on me and I need to get around to christmas shopping, so I won't have any money for a little while.

Keep me posted on how yours goes tho.

P

project1

no problem im in the same situation right now with shopping for everyone. so im gona finish with what i have already built it should be enough to get it almost done.

Ratman667

While shopping for a new impact today, I came across a cheap "tile cutter". Long story short, they should have called it a "tile breaker"... I have to go Sunday to get 3 more tiles.

I also have to get a tile file. I cut one piece about 1/16" too long... I figure, I can get those, get them cut and I should be painting Sunday. I also need to get the molding I have on the doors and measure out how much more I need to finish the front. The way I built the doors, I can't install the sash latches without the trim on the front... Genius I know.

After that, the "structural" part will be done and all that will be left is the heating and rest of the trim.

P

project1

ha are you talken about that thing that vibrates back and forth ? i see that all the time but have never tried it. any way im almost done with heating and installing the last of the lights then im onto doors. still have to do my brakes lol damn modern warfare 2!! at least we are making some head way on this project lol

Ratman667

No, it has a scoring wheel that gouges the tile and you just snap off the waste... This thing.

I've decided I'm just gonna return it, go to Lowes, find tile that is a close match and have them cut it for me...

The heating on mine is going to run me about $150 for the thermostat, heat tape, connectors, wires and foil tape. It will have to wait until after the first... I may be able to get everything but the thermostat, just so I can get everything wired up and ready to go. I may even use a dimmer in the mean time, but with the way the temps in this room fluctuate, that really wouldn't be practical. It gets rather chilly in here at night, but at 0530 when Sunny's (my bearded dragon) and my pepper plant's lights come on (150w MVB, 100w red heat lamp, two ballasted florescent and two 100w equivalent CFLs), it can get pretty warm.

P

project1

yea my set up is goin over the my 2 beardies cages which are around 95 97 degrees during the day and if i keep the door shut i stay about 80 to 78 degrees in the room at nite. iv used that tile cutter before you half to do it like 5 times before the tile snaps like you want it to. i had 3 uths laying around for some reason so i attached them yesterday so now i need 3 more which ill get today hopfully.

P

project1

i just read my message again and the part before 80 to 78 degrees should be "If i keep the door shut THE ROOM stays about..." lol

P

project1

ok made some progress last night top and middle are all the way done just gotta add heat to the bottom 2 then work on the cage doors. but heres some pics of the leds on

ledsetup005-1.jpg

ledsetup006.jpg

P

project1

i am completely done with the cage! thank god pics ill have later today!! now i hallf to build the shelf to hold it above the beardie cages. never ending with this cage lol

Ratman667

Last weekend I had to replace my rear brakes on my car. I let it go too long and ended up replacing the shoes, drums, wheel cylinders and hardware... If that wasn't enough, I had to replace the right front hub bearing as well... So, the money I was saving for the thermostat, heat tape and wire went to that.

Mine won't be finished until late January, early February...

Note to self: Don't start large projects around the holidays!

Visit our friends