Gecko Death

SanchezTheo2002

Sooo... My female leopard gecko died today, bit over 1yo, she always had stunted growth and she ovulated very early, around 6mo. However she was doing well, she was always a picky eater but did well, she was doing well, and suddenly she stopped eating, got her on reptaboost and everything went fine again, however a few months later it happened again, and she began to rapidly lose weight, she lost 10g in 15 days, due to this I did a fecal exam which came back negative for parasites, she began eating, but would not gain weight she was eating and losing weight, she also had diarrhea and sometimes regurgitated, I got her tested for cryptos and the test was also negative. She ended up losing a lot off weight In no tie she died the same day I got the test for crypto results, it was unexplained, I would like to k now what could have happened, temperatures and humidity were always fine, she was on paper towel, and has a regular day night cycle.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I'm sorry for your loss. I have no idea what happened. Sometimes a gecko has congenital problems that don't show themselves and manifest in failure to thrive. It's possible that a detailed necroscopy and tissue analysis could turn something up. The fact that she had some problems from the time she was a juvenile could point to something like this, but it's really hard to know.

Aliza

Visit our friends