Gecko droppings

T

TrexsDad

If you have read any of my other posts you know I have been worried about my Leo not eating or growing. The last 2 days he has ate nothing but a little slurry my step Mom has fed him. He pooped last night when I was sleeping, but it was dry by the time I got up. My step Mom just went to check on his temp and he had gone again. It is very wet, she is comparing it to bird poop( since we have so many of them). With a bird with droppings like this she would guess either stress or lots of water intake. Once again he has only had slurry the last 2 days so could this cause the wetter droppings? Here's a pic of it.

T

TrexsDad

I followed the recipe on here for the slurry. (Golden Gate Geckos Slurry Recipe)

ILoveGeckos14

The slurry can cause it to be slightly watery but it should still be formed as in a black turd and white turd. You have gotten the advice of a Certified Veterinary Technician (JordanAng420) and I think that's some of the best advice you are going to get here concerning the health of Trex. So please listen and ask your mom to take fecal sample and Trex to the vet.....please he is way too skinny and his poop is very abnormal. I'm not trying to upset you, these are just the facts. Goodluck with Trex.

Last edited:
T

TrexsDad

Ok how do I get a fecal sample? I know he has to poop, but more often then not it is dry by the time I get up in the am. And then how do you "scoop" it up and transport it?

ILoveGeckos14

That's the one hard part of trying to get fecal exam, getting a fresh poop. If you continue to give him the slurry he should produce another poop. If it is as watery as the one in the picture you can rip the piece of paper towel that it is on and put it in a plastic bag to keep fresh. The fresh samples can be kept for up to 12 hours in the fridge before they are no longer fresh enough.

T

TrexsDad

Thanks, my step Mom came down with the flu she said if she lives through the weekend she'll call to get Trex an appt on Monday.

Visit our friends