Gecko eye turned white or is it eye shed?

Gurrut

My leopard gecko always has trouble getting her shed skin off so I have to help her almost every time. Many times she's gotten it stuck in her eye and she can't open it anymore so I need to remove it with warm water.

Today she had it in here eye as usual so I tried to get it off, but it wasn't budging. So I took some tweezers and gently pulled the flaky piece of skin on her eye lid and her eye opened. It was all white and the skin looked like it was stuck directly to her eye?? If I pulled I could have easily pulled whatever this white stuff was out but I was far too scared that it was her actual eye. She looks fine and walks around her tank as usual but every now and then she rubs her eye on a rock or the glass. Her bedding is paper towel, so it isn't a sand problem, I just can't tell if she has some really horrible eye infection or a piece of skin covering her entire eye. (It's only been a couple of days since the shed and it looked normal yesterday unless the lighting was too bad to notice)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. There's no vets around here for her as far as I know so I'm lacking in professional advice.

Visit our friends