Gecko face looking ruff

BuddyTony

I woke up today to see my little guys face look like he was beat up I don’t why it would look like that I know he just shed and maybe it got stuck but his face looks prettt ruff from just she’s skin what should I do ? D06033FF-B206-4E8D-8FD1-3A79F66F8C3E.jpeg

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
It looks to me as if it had some stuck shed on the front of his face, rubbed it a lot to get the shed off (you can see there's still a little piece there) and may have abraded its face while doing that. The marks will fade. Meanwhile, use your fingernails or a tweezer to get that last little piece of shed off so it doesn't keep rubbing.

Aliza

ZNature

I woke up today to see my little guys face look like he was beat up I don’t why it would look like that I know he just shed and maybe it got stuck but his face looks prettt ruff from just she’s skin what should I do ? View attachment 79643
It also looks like he has a little stuck shed on his right front leg. If he didn’t already get this off on his own, spray a little water on the shed or use a moistened cloth on his face to rub the shed off of it, if it doesn’t come off by just using your nails. Also just watch if his wound gets infected because that would be a sign to go to the vet. For a normal small cut like this I would recommend using Neosporin without pain killers on it to prevent infection but since it is right on his nose I would be worried about the gecko licking it and getting sick so just leave the wound and he should be fine. Keep his tank clean and make sure to keep an eye on his wound and if the wound gets any particles or dirt in it you’ll want to remove it. I hope he gets better.

BuddyTony

It also looks like he has a little stuck shed on his right front leg. If he didn’t already get this off on his own, spray a little water on the shed or use a moistened cloth on his face to rub the shed off of it, if it doesn’t come off by just using your nails. Also just watch if his wound gets infected because that would be a sign to go to the vet. For a normal small cut like this I would recommend using Neosporin without pain killers on it to prevent infection but since it is right on his nose I would be worried about the gecko licking it and getting sick so just leave the wound and he should be fine. Keep his tank clean and make sure to keep an eye on his wound and if the wound gets any particles or dirt in it you’ll want to remove it. I hope he gets better.
I also just noticed the right side of his head has like a lump, his face is pretty disportional like he got ruffed up
maybe allergic to something?

Last edited:

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
If there truly is a lump and it's getting bigger there may be an abscess (infection) under the skin and the gecko would need to see a vet. Watch it for a few days first and see if it's changing at all.

Aliza

Visit our friends