Gecko has not eaten in a week...

Sandyballs

My only leo hasn't ate in about a week...

It started when he stopped going in his warm hide and stayed on his cold

I put a toilet paper tube in his 10Gal tank and i think he loved it....only comes out at night somethimes, he did eat his first small wax worm yesterday
Also its getting a little cold so he may be kinda hibernaiting.
If this is the case then can I get somw info on how to be sure if it's this and not something worse?

My tank set-up

1 moist hide, 1 dey hide, one warm hide
water dish, calcium dish and he normally would eat 2-4 large mealies a day

Haligren

is behind you.
He might be going into brumation mode. He'll stay in his cool hide mostly and eat sparingly. Keep an eye on his poo though. If it starts to look smeary or abnormal then you might want to take in a sample to the vet to have them test it for parasites or harmful bacteria. If he's maintaining a healthy weight and doesn't look like he's getting skinny then I'm sure it's fine. :)

Sandyballs

He might be going into brumation mode. He'll stay in his cool hide mostly and eat sparingly. Keep an eye on his poo though. If it starts to look smeary or abnormal then you might want to take in a sample to the vet to have them test it for parasites or harmful bacteria. If he's maintaining a healthy weight and doesn't look like he's getting skinny then I'm sure it's fine. :)

It looks like his tailis getting smaller but it's barely noticable

Haligren

is behind you.
It looks like his tailis getting smaller but it's barely noticable

It could also be your imagination because you're so worried about him. To know for sure you can get a small kitchen scale to weigh him every once in a while. I got mine for $15 at Wal-Mart. :> I hope he starts eating again for you. I know how it is to be afraid for your little one.

Sandyballs

It could also be your imagination because you're so worried about him. To know for sure you can get a small kitchen scale to weigh him every once in a while. I got mine for $15 at Wal-Mart. :> I hope he starts eating again for you. I know how it is to be afraid for your little one.

Yeah i didn't really notice it but my qousint told me his tail looked smaller and my mom said she didn't tell me as in not to worry.....thanks alot im going to buy that scale8)

Visit our friends