Gecko on the loose!

GeckoSurf

Ah crap! I was just going to bed and I thought I have been hearing some unusual noises then just as I'm about to crawl into bed I see an enclosure top is open! She is the biggest most awnry gecko I have! I didn't know she could oper that top, I lost one of those pins the other day and she slid the top open! The sound I hear is her jumping from place to place, you know that thump! It was in one corner and now she has moved because I heard her. I don't know what to do, I certainly wont be able to sleep! It's pretty cold in here so I wonder if I put a heater on in her house if she will just go home? Damn it I can't believe it!!!!

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
What kind of gecko? Put a hide on the ground (if it's a terrestrial gecko) and maybe you'll find her there in the morning. At night, turn off all the lights and go around with a flashlight looking for her. I've dealt with lots of escapees, including a hatchling who was found 2years later!

Aliza

GeckoSurf

What kind of gecko? Put a hide on the ground (if it's a terrestrial gecko) and maybe you'll find her there in the morning. At night, turn off all the lights and go around with a flashlight looking for her. I've dealt with lots of escapees, including a hatchling who was found 2years later!

Aliza
It's a crested gecko and she came back. It was really chilly that night so I turned on her heater and left the enclosure open and she came back on her own. Wow two years! Wonder what it was eating?

Visit our friends