Gecko Throwed up

Yologecko

Hey so I have a 3 month old leopard gecko that I have been feeding mealworms that I'm raising at home and gutloading. So yesterday morning I checked on him before I went to work and I gave him some mealworms to eat on while I was away (about 4 or so) and then I left and I ended up coming home late and I didn't notice if he ate them all the worms or not. So this morning I was running late and I didn't put any mealworms in his tank for this morning but when I came home after work I was going to feed him and there was this brown, chunky upchuck? or diarrhea? near his water container that had visible pieces of insect in it which is kinda worrying me because he has never done that before. Suggestions?

panthergecko

So main thing is
What are his ground temps?

Are you using a thermostat with an uth? Or a different heating method?

I would offer some other feeder as well. Mealworms chitin can be the issue here or temps I am thinking.

Yologecko

So main thing is
What are his ground temps?

Are you using a thermostat with an uth? Or a different heating method?

I would offer some other feeder as well. Mealworms chitin can be the issue here or temps I am thinking.
yes I do have a uth with a thermostat.But I was discussing my leopard gecko with my mom and she told me she's been turning my AC on in my bedroom while I'm at work and when I went to check the temps when I got home it was 83 under his warm hide and I usually keep it 90 under there. So hopefully that is the problem. But should I go ahead and try to find a reptile vet? And what kind of feeder insect is easier for them to digest?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I don't think your gecko needs a vet visit. Sometimes if they eat too much, they throw up. It is good to vary feeders, though some geckos are fed only mealworms and do fine. I find that the geckos I bred and kept to adulthood got bored with the mealworms even though they had them as hatchlings. Superworms and crickets are more exciting to catch and that's what they get now.

Aliza

Yologecko

*Update* So I got his warm hide temp up to 88.3 and fed him 2 crickets today and he did hasn't thrown anything up and made a poop that was the shape of a normal one but looks kinda soft so I suppose that soft is better than
diarrhea so anyways I wanna give a big thanks to yall giving me advice

Visit our friends