Gecko Time: Rubbermaid Tub Ideas

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
These Rubbermaid tubs continue to be intriguing to reptile keepers with their front-opening clear panels. So intriguing, that people continue to be intrigued as opposed to actually using them, as far as I can tell. Here are the few responses we got to our requests to post about Rubbermaid tub ideas. You'll see what I mean: http://www.geckotime.com/the-rubbermaid-tub-ideas/

Aliza

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
Looks like those containers could make a pretty neat and cost-effective enclosure, if they're modified correctly. Thanks for posting this!

Star1

First is a crestie, second is a messy leopard gecko. The left side has air holes at the top and the right side near the bottom. I read that's the best way for air flow

Amanda1

3 Year Member
Those look great! I might have to try those if I get any more foster things in...
It looks like you have the heating pad inside the leo's cage. Is that working well temp-wise? Not melting the bottom or anything?

Star1

It's on the outside... that cord is the thermostat probe. As long as you have a thermostat it won't melt the plastic.

Visit our friends