Gecko weight

T

TrexsDad

Is there a weight chart so you can see the average weights of Leos at different ages? We aren't sure how old Trex is, they just sold him as a "baby Gecko" at the pet store. He is for sure over a month old because we have had him a month. The scales we have only weigh grams in 5 gram increments, so I weighed him in ounces and he only weighed .1 oz. He really hasn't ate since we got him and that is why I decided to weigh him. Here is a pic of him in my step Mom's hand.

JordanAng420

He's pretty thin. He needs to eat. Make sure you're gutloading your insects very well before you feed them to him. He needs a vitamin suppliment also. I'd dust with vitamins every other feeding, alternating with a calcium powder. It might not be a bad idea to have a fresh stool sample analyzed by an herp vet.

ILoveGeckos14

I would take him to the vet ASAP. If you use Marcia's slurry it will help you to get a fresh stool sample for the vet to run a fecal exam. Sometimes the slurry will even stimulate them to start eating on their own again. Goodluck with him!

Last edited:

Visit our friends