gecko wont eat

NSgeckos

i am having problems with my gecko not eating i have him on paper towel with undertank heater that stays about 90 degrees, he has water everything he needs but when i tried to feed him he totally ignored the crickets he is a male. i know they go through brumation and its getting pretty chilly at night with my window open so is that the problem cause i thought they go through brumation around october let me know thanks

EverEvolvingExotics

How big is your enclosure? I believe fat tails are incredibly similar to ball pythons, they require and thrive with extra security. If you have an open glass aquarium it leaves them exposed and stressed out. I've talked to numerous people that have the same issues you are having. Once they switched to a smaller enclosure or tub and added at least a couple small hides that they can just fit in they seem to do better and eat a ton. My fat tails aren't like my leopard geckos. Most of the time they wait in their little hide and ambush roaches. Leopard geckos seem to chase after them. Obviously there are exceptions to this rule but I believe it's rare.

Hopefully this helps some.

NSgeckos

ya i have him in a ten gallon i soon will move him into a rack system he finally ate last night so hopefully it doesnt happen again

Visit our friends