GeckoForums.net Classifieds - I need your input.

Which Classifieds System would you prefer?

• "Forum Based" System (clicking "New Posts" would bring up new ads posted), Trader Ratings would work

Votes: 28 71.8%
  • Classifieds program like Fauna uses, Trader Ratings would work

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Current Classifieds Program, Trader Ratings will not work properly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other, Please Explain

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters

KelliH

We are having problems getting our current classifieds program to fully integrate with the Trader Ratings the way we want it to. I have been considering just having a Forum Based classifieds, like the old setup on Fauna. We would have a section called "Classifieds" and then seperate forums for each category.

The other option is to purchase the same classifieds program that Fauna now uses, which is similar to what we have here now.

What do you guys prefer? Please vote in the poll!

**NOTE** Option 1 in the poll is the "old style" Fauna classifieds.
Option 2 is the "new style" classifieds program that Fauna now uses.

Last edited:
S

shrap

Whatever is easiest for you and Ryan to implement. I think they both formats work equally well.

PaulSage

I'm baaaaaack!
I guess I like the forum based classifieds where you just post a new thread as an ad. I think it's easier to format & edit them that way. I'd be fine with whatever is chosen though. :main_yes:

robin

i am going with paul. i do like the forum based ads that come up as new topics. whatever you and ryan think best is fine, as well

S

silentjohn

I actually prefer the newer system "over there". The one that has like 12 of the most recent ads with photos, for a kind of quick look. Both of them are alright though, so the forum one would probably be easiest.

LeosForLess

I like faunas 2 systems, the only problem with the forum based one is that you have to click to see the pics and some people may not post price.

I think you should have a sticky with Rules For Posting(for forum base), saying that the title must say (in this exact format) "[Morph]-[$Price.00]" So that you know what your looking for because there will be no pictures.

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
I chose option 2, I like the newer Classified system at Fauna, mainly because I can see the picture and price of the anilmal posted without having to open the ad. Saves a lot of time :main_thumbsup:

robin

jeanne, i like it because when you use the view "new posts" feauture that the ad will come up as a new posts. the new type doesnt do that you have to go view the classifieds section and do not know what is new (sometimes i forget) LOL

Milwaukee Reptiles

Gecko Addict
I agree with Jeanne about the newer system for the fact that you can see the photo without opening the ad.

I can deal with either, but for the love of god don't do both... I HATE having to check in two places on the same site.

S

shrap

Jeanne said:
You are the perfect husband! :main_thumbsup: Jk

LMAO..... thank you very much Jeanne!!! Too funny.

shrap mumbles something about damn smart ass women

Visit our friends