Geckos outside?

Jocelyn1

Hello, I was just wondering, when summer comes around? Would I be able to take my geckos outside?

Geckomaster743

You can just make sure they dont Run off, Dont keep there out there Summer is never warm enough to keep your Geckos ok and i guess thats it.

LeoLover1

3 Year Member
Depends on where you live. If you're in Florida you could set up a semi-permanent outdoor enclosure. It needs to be predator proof! You'll still need a permanent inside place when the weather is inclement.

Amanda1

3 Year Member
Don't put a glass tank outside; if it sits in the sun it becomes like an oven in there (think about your car on a hot day). I don't know about leos, but most other animals could die in those conditions.

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
If you can have your gecko outside, secured, and with some good ventilation, I don't see the harm...
Unless Tanner means that HE'D be the stressed one. That I could understand - I wouldn't leave them outside unsupervised...

Jocelyn1

I live in Southern Ontario Canada, so in the summer on average it is about 34 degrees celsius or 94 degrees farenheit. There isnt much around that could harm them except for birds. Thanks for the help!

Visit our friends