Getting a new beardie, things I should know.

Rosalie Spot

Actually, my friend is getting a bearded dragon, and she's a first time lizard owner. I was wondering what the most important things she should know about them is, so I can tell her. Thank you so much!

I, however, have had two leopard geckos in the past, and am getting a new one in November. But I don't know much about beardies.

Things she wants to know:

Tank size
Heating requirments
Substrate
Feeding
How big they get
How to pick a good beardie.

Thank you so much :)

tlbowling

Geck~OCD
There is a GREAT bearded dragon site, beardeddragon.org, She'll find everything she ever wanted to know there, and there are PLENTY of good care sheets out there also, everyone pretty much has the same care info, if your friend has a computer, tell her to just type in bearded dragon care sheet, she'll find out everything. She should be doing lots of research on her own if she is truely interested in owning one of these lovely lizards. Also The Bearded Dragon Manuel is a great first time owner book. Good luck, I hope she's planning on buying and keeping crickets in bulk for the first year too....babies eat about 60 per day! and they are 11 cents a peice at ********! Bulk is WAY cheaper!

Oh, and she didnt mention lighting requirements, she will need to get a UVB bulb, Reptisun 10.0 is recommended, or powersun, which is also a UVB bulb, but its a mercury vapor bulb, and it can be used as a basking light also. Please tell her to do lots of research!

Last edited:

prettyinpink

Beardeddragon.org is where I learned all my info, besides articles I read.

As Tony said...get ready for you to spend a ton of money on feeders, they eat A TON!

If you get stuck feel free to let me know! :)

Visit our friends