Getting Back into Geckos in PA...

P

Pogona66

Hello to everyone!

I used to breed Leopard Geckos (along with many Australian Lizards & skinks) years ago, but I downsized and eventually sold my collection around the time my wife & I had our 1st child.

Now that my son is older, I've started keeping Leopard Geckos again, as they were always one of my "Top Three" favorite lizards.

My collection is small currently, and I'll be taking some pictures of my Leopards in the near future. A LOT has changed in the years since I sold my collection, and I have to say that everything I've seen so far indicates it's changed for the better.

For now, here are some pictures of my Herp room (I built all of the enclosures myself) when I lived in Kansas City, MO years ago:

kcmocages014.jpg

kcmocages010.jpg

kcmocages015.jpg

I look forward to learning a lot from this forum... :main_thumbsup:

P

Pogona66

Ccrashca069 said:
Welcome to GF. Looks like you built some really nice racks and enclosures.

Thanks! :)

I also built my own incubators when I lived in North Carolina:

itncincubator001.jpg

itncincubator002.jpg

itncincubator003.jpg

P

Pogona66

These were my 1st hatchings back in '91:

1sthatchlings1.jpg

Certainly not anything special compared to what is being bred today.

I did improve upon my early hatchlings with selected pairings though:

lghatchlings1.jpg

lgeckos002.jpg

lghatchlings2.jpg

lghatchlings3.jpg

lg0001.jpg

sushikam

~Louisiana Leos~
Welcome to the forum! Great reptile room you have there! You are quite good at building all of that, I may have to hire you to build me a rack or something!

All looks great and glad to have you here on GF!

paulnj

Marv Albert? Holy 1997 batman :main_laugh:

Very nice setup by anyone's standards and those geckos are great even in todays geneticly diverse arena of leopard geckos.

N

nicolenadia

Agreed, what an awesome reptile room!!! Clad to hear your have come back to the hobby! Welcome!!

P

Pogona66

Thanks for all the kind words. :main_thumbsup:

For anyone who's interested, I started a new thread with pictures of my current Leopard Geckos.

That thread can be found HERE.

Visit our friends