Giant Day Gecko enclosure size

AdamDimond

I am in the planning stages of a giant day gecko vivarium. The problem is I can't decide between two of the big exo terra sizes- 18x24x36 vs. 18x36x36. I am planning for a pair, so I want a larger than usual area, but I don't know if an aboreal species would need that much horizontal space. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
I would go for as large as you can afford. These animals can get pretty large and they will appreciate the space as they grow. Plus, if you ever want to add a partner, you'll already have the larger area.

AdamDimond

Sorry for the delay. My situation is that I was only able to afford the 18x24x36. I checked with the breeder I am (eventually) getting the geckos from and he says that a pair can be comfortably housed in that size. I will be having several live plants in there, so I will have slightly less space than if I threw in a paper towel layer and some dish. I have to actually see the cage in person to see if I can house a pair or not.

jfenton954

Sorry for the late response but my two are thriving in a 24x18x18 live vivarium. They don't need exercise they just need room to hide and room to get away from each other.

Visit our friends