Giant day gecko

Aaronperry

Hi I was wondering if one of you guys could tell me your husbandry ,how to set up the enclosure, and the proper feeding and care.I am looking to get a male giant day gecko and I do not know much or where to start.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
It's a bit difficult to do an entire care sheet in a thread. A very good place to start would be to google "giant day gecko care". I did that and I highly recommend checking out joshsfrogs.com site and reading his care sheet. Also, they are very responsive if you ask questions. The most important thing is to have a big enough enclosure which they say should be 18"x18"x24" and I'd say that should be a minimal size.

Aliza

sunfighter

Amen, Aliza. I have a pair of Phelsuma grandis in a 48x18x24 converted 90 gallon aquarium. The cover is 2/3 glass and 1/3 screen. Light is provided by a 10x46 inch LED panel and a 44 inch UVB florescent tube with a conventional 100 watt incandescent light which provides a surface temp on the bamboo 10 inches below of 92f. This is a naturalistic rain forest setup with as many live plants as I can fit in there and several lengths of bamboo for climbing. I feed them mealworms and occasional Black Soldier Fly larva, both in a dish and crickets that are let loose in the enclosure. Live insects are alternated with Pangea fruit with insects. They are voracious feeders. I use a MistKing for humidity. Hope this helps.
sunfighter

Visit our friends