Giant X ?

M

Marc118

Is it possible to cross giants to get giant....morphs? I believe I have seen a few. How about giant blizzards?

Im familiar with the co-dom, but im not sure about c-dom x recessive.

I know I would get half giants het for blizzard? Then breed those to a blizzard would get giant blizzards?

G

geckogod2

from what i have heard the the giant trait is not compatible with the blizzard trait.. if it was i'm sure we would have seen that by now.

you can cross two giants and get 25% super giants, 50% giants, and 25% regular geckos
you can cross two super giants and produce all super giants
you can cross a super giant and a regular and produce all giants
you can cross a super giant with a giant and produce 50% giants and 50% super giants
you can cross a giant and a regular and produce 50% regular and 50% giants.

all other traits i believe are compatible with the giants

you can separate the giant gene out from the albino. it takes a little bit but can be done. the best way to do that is to use normal giants or normal supers. that way you are only dealing with hets and not the full albino gene.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Marc118

geckogod2 said:
from what i have heard the the giant trait is not compatible with the blizzard trait.. if it was i'm sure we would have seen that by now.

you can cross two giants and get 25% super giants, 50% giants, and 25% regular geckos
you can cross two super giants and produce all super giants
you can cross a super giant and a regular and produce all giants
you can cross a super giant with a giant and produce 50% giants and 50% super giants
you can cross a giant and a regular and produce 50% regular and 50% giants.

all other traits i believe are compatible with the giants

you can separate the giant gene out from the albino. it takes a little bit but can be done. the best way to do that is to use normal giants or normal supers. that way you are only dealing with hets and not the full albino gene.

Thanks for the info on the blizzards. Onto other traits. Giant x shct? Thats possible etc etc....

M

Marc118

Cool, so the only one that can't be crossed is the blizzard?

Anyone want to expand on that ( as to why its not able to be crossed? )

Thanks in advance.

Visit our friends