Glass Scratching

thom_fish

Well this is something that I have been meaning to ask a while back but my male levis levis spends much of his night scratching the glass or the terrarium. He just walks along scratching it as if he wants to escape.

Has anyone else seen this happening with their pets?

moosassah

I don't have your answer but I frequently see the beardeds doing that at the petstores. Maybe they'll know the next time you swing in for supplies.

Scott&Nikki

I asked this about my leo a couple of weeks ago. I never got a real answer, which is expected because we can't read their minds. However, it may be due to something in the tank not being to his liking. It could be temp, humidity, hunger, etc. Another answer I got was just that they like exploring and there is only so much to do in a little tank. I just got worried because mine would try climbing the glass and then fall over hitting her head on the water dish, mealie dish, rocks, etc. I haven't seen her do it since I asked about it. So I don't know what "fixed" it.

thom_fish

hey guys...well he is still in with the female and he is eating well and seems to be in good health. i dont know what it is. i personally think he hates humans and is always trying to get away. either that OR he is just explorative, Maybe instead of naming him Kewek (the Kungarrukan word for "little one") i should have named him the Kungarruhan word for "explorer"...hmm...

ByRandom

Deliriously Random
Is he kept on sand? All of mine dig elaborate tunnels in the sand.. Maybe he just wants to dig?

thom_fish

oh yes they are kept on sand. i dont know why he does it. i have infact noticed only one of his offspring does it as well! maybe it is a genetic behaviour.

G

geckoaddict

i asked the same thing on another website about nmy leo doing that they said that if he was a male he could think fighting its another male

Leopardbreeder

Yea, mine do that quite a bit!! I think he thinks its another male, sometimes he even jups at the glass as though he is going to fight the glass!!

Visit our friends