Good & Bad News

jakemyster44

This season I crossed my Bold Stripe 50% het. eclipse, 50% het. Tremper to my Mack Snow 50% het. Eclipse, 66% het. Tremper and got a good mix of a few jungles, snows, and combos from them. As of yesterday, the last clutch was in the incubator, due to hatch any day. I got a feeble revers striped Mack snow, that appeared to have solid black eyes. Unfortunatly, the animal died last night. I had some seriouse doubts that it would survive due to its small size, and the fact that its yolk was still attached. I wish it could have made it, but in the end I was able to look at the eyes under a low powered microscope, and saw that the animal was an eclipse. I am really happy that I was able to prove my pair out, I never really expected it to happen, but hey, I guess luck was on my side in that aspect. I have one question though, what percentage of young should be homozygous eclipses from my 100% het. pair? Thanks for reading, I can't wait for next season (and the last egg to hatch!)

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I assume what you're asking about is the percentage of eclipse (assuming it is simple recessive) from pairing two het eclipses. It would be:

25% homozygous eclipse
50% non-eclipse looking, but het for eclipse (no way to tell without proving it out)
25% non- eclipse with no eclipse gene

Aliza

Visit our friends