Good Pair to Buy?

JdiLb

Can anyone direct me to a good reference of what traits are dom., co dom., rec., etc?

I'm looking to get two fat tails soon, at the next reptile show but I'm a little confused. I'm not new to genetics and pairing, just for these.

I'm used to snakes or insects, so I'm a bit confused still. A tangerine x a striped normal would be a tangerine striped, or does the normal dominate the tangerine?
What do you suggest would be a good pair to buy to get some interesting morphs? I love color and patterns. Zulu whiteouts and albino whitesocks interest me, just giving an idea of my liking. Or would I be better off pairing two morphs, or making a het. then making a morph out of that (2nd/3rd gen.)?

KelliH

It's better to buy morphs that are visually appealing to you, because you are the one that has to look at them every day! :)

I don't keep up with the latest fat tail morphs anymore but I'm sure someone with more knowledge will jump in and give you a more educated opinion.

JdiLb

It's better to buy morphs that are visually appealing to you, because you are the one that has to look at them every day! :)

I don't keep up with the latest fat tail morphs anymore but I'm sure someone with more knowledge will jump in and give you a more educated opinion.

Thank you, I figured that.
I just want to make sure about the genetics before I buy, I don't want my morphs mating then getting normals, you know? I could always just line-breed, but I'd like to make some of my own too, if anyone has insight about pairings to form some nice morphs.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I did respond to your other post, but I'll add here:
I've bred stripe to non-stripe and gotten about 50% stripe; I haven't tried stripe to stripe

I can't afford (and have no room for) the new exciting morphs, but am having a fine time with amel x het amel which work in the usual dominant/recessive way.

Aliza

JdiLb

I did respond to your other post, but I'll add here:
I've bred stripe to non-stripe and gotten about 50% stripe; I haven't tried stripe to stripe

I can't afford (and have no room for) the new exciting morphs, but am having a fine time with amel x het amel which work in the usual dominant/recessive way.

Aliza

I may go with something like this to begin. Do you know of the genetics of white outs? I'd really like to create some kind of whiteout morph with caramel and zulu, I can't afford it already bred though.

lillith

lillith's leo lovables
From what's known, white-outs appear to be co-dominant, similar to mack snows in leos. There haven't been enough people working with them for long enough for this to be established fact, yet. In general, fatties and their genetics are not as known as leos' yet, because fewer people are working with them. That's what makes it so exciting (for me, anyway).

A pair of white-outs could be a good start up...I like white-outs, amels, granites, and ghosts. I'm hoping to get at least an exciting male and hopefully even a pair next Spring. We'll see. I do have an amel male and a pair of granites. I should probably look for an amel girl to go with my boy.

Carinata

Breeder of High End AFTs
Here's a break down of all the morphs

Amel- Recessive
Caramel- Recessive
Patternless- Recessive
Ghost- Recessive
Oreo/Axanthic- Recessive
Zulu- Recessive
Stinger- Co-dominant
Zero (Striped Stinger)- Co-dominant
Whiteout- Co-dominant (fatal super form)
Stripe- Dominant
Granite- Line bred
Tangerine- Line bred
Aberrant- Line bred

Visit our friends