Got my first eggs of the year!

LeoLover1

3 Year Member
Yeah! My female blizzard finally laid her eggs last night. She spent 3 day digging and made a HUGE mess. But they look good so far. I'll try to get some photos tonight. I've another female that should drop any day now too! Don't wanna count my lizards before they hatch, though....

Geckomaster743

Cool! Do you Ever have Bad Hatchlings, Like is it common? Landen was going to Sell me some Nova's but I'm really scared to have Bad hatchlings. I would never want to kill a Leo that could be born or a leo thats already alive.. And the fact that Nova's are at more risk to stress also Scares me because i want to treat my geckos has best as Possible.

LeoLover1

3 Year Member
Not much to see really. The two on the left are from Sunday night. The single in the middle was laid yesterday-ish, and the two on the right are from this morning. Those are really clean because the female wasn't buring them. I think she wore herself out digging. I'm kinda worried they dried out too much. I'll candle them in a week or so to see.
102_6961web.jpg

LeoLover1

3 Year Member
Cool! Do you Ever have Bad Hatchlings, Like is it common? Landen was going to Sell me some Nova's but I'm really scared to have Bad hatchlings. I would never want to kill a Leo that could be born or a leo thats already alive.. And the fact that Nova's are at more risk to stress also Scares me because i want to treat my geckos has best as Possible.
I've never had a sickly hatchling, but I've not been breeding as long as Landen! Novas carry the enigma gene, that leads to more neurological issues, not birth defects. But all geckos are different, and some do stress more easily than others. In the end, its a part of breeding you'll have to face if you want to work with that morph.

Geckomaster743

I've never had a sickly hatchling, but I've not been breeding as long as Landen! Novas carry the enigma gene, that leads to more neurological issues, not birth defects. But all geckos are different, and some do stress more easily than others. In the end, its a part of breeding you'll have to face if you want to work with that morph.
I wish i could like that Comment 3 Times! I feel a lot Calmer about breeding now!

Landen

LSReptiles
Just to clarify....

Darkmaster743... I wasn't saying that your guaranteed issues, just that there is a higher risk of issues with Enigma's and if you have never bred it may be better to start with Non Enigmas. You very well may wind up with no issues at all even...

When I sell a gecko, I'd much rather have you fully educated before your purchase on any Potential issues rather than me selling you an Enigma and later having unexpected issues come up.

And LeoLover --- CONGRATS!! Now the wait begins.....

Geckomaster743

Just to clarify....

Darkmaster743... I wasn't saying that your guaranteed issues, just that there is a higher risk of issues with Enigma's and if you have never bred it may be better to start with Non Enigmas. You very well may wind up with no issues at all even...

When I sell a gecko, I'd much rather have you fully educated before your purchase on any Potential issues rather than me selling you an Enigma and later having unexpected issues come up.

And LeoLover --- CONGRATS!! Now the wait begins.....
Oh that's good! I knew it wasnt going to be for sure that i was going to have Bad Hatchlings but its just some thing that i dont want to happen. I normally was just hoping breeding wouldnt be so well, I didnt expect to take Little geckos lives in the process. I dont ever think i would breed on such a large scale so i could avoid that disaster. But any way thanks Landen just about every message you have given me seems to give me some what more experince in taking care of geckos. And i think i'll follow your Advice and breed with Non Enigmas and the future if you still have your Nova's ill gladly take them off your hands!

Visit our friends