Gourment Rodent

goReptiles

Has anyone heard anything good or bad from this place? The place I work orders reptiles from here, and I'm jsut curious.

ByRandom

Deliriously Random
Last I heard (could be wrong, so don't quote me, lol) it was a subsidiary of Tremper? I don't know how credible that is or if someone was just pulling my leg. It was who a lot of the PetCo's were getting their leopard geckos from. However, most of the ones I have been to (Texas and Georgia) have switched to a variety of other suppliers because they carry "everything" as opposed to buying Leo's from this place, and iguanas from that place, etc.

robin

i wouldn't buy ANYTHING from gourmet rodent. it is not a subsidiary of tremper.
the infestations of parasites and other goodies from these guys is very well known not just your avergae pinworms and what not.

Last edited:
R

Russ S

I have moved this thread to the "Business Inquiries and Reports" section as it is a more appropriate place for this thread.

Please remember you will need your "Full name" included when posting in this section.

goReptiles

I didn't even see this section... Oops...

Yea. It's Petco... Ha... I was just wondering. We got in some water dragons that were dehydrated; one has an eye infection and is VERY lethargic. We also got like 12 leopards. Some smaller than some hatchlings I've ever had. Itty Bitty little things. The cresteds looked fine but not of a good quality coloration. The balls were the best looking thing we got in. The most active too.

I doubt there's anyway that I could have the company, or at least our store, change vendors... But, if anyone know's of any info that maybe I could use to sway them, that'd be great.

robin

i wouldnt even buy frozen dead ones. since some stuff can NOT be killed durring the freezing process.

robin said:
i wouldnt even buy frozen dead ones. since some stuff can NOT be killed durring the freezing process.

I don't know anything about Gourmet Rodent. But I agree. A friend of mine here in Florida breeds rats for a living. Now I don't know if Gourmet Rodent breeds their rats or not. My friend and I were talking about those who sell rats. Many are just selling lab rat surplus from places like Harlen. These rats are all thrown together by size in big crates and killed/frozen. Many say they are "flash frozen". The problem is, many in the center of the crate don't freeze well or fast enough and therefore get black gut.

Valley Reptiles

I dont know how well the animals are kept but our petco gets their cresteds from them and the last few months they have had almost full pinstripes, red flames and some other high end stuff coming in.

robin

do not get me wrong they produce some pretty looking animals but the frequency of parasites outweighs how pretty they are. i wouldnt even risk it

Visit our friends