Grace is not pooping.

TeacherWithAGecko

Good afternoon!

I brought Grace home during the PNW Snowpocalypse 2019 in case the power went out at school (it did). When I went to get her, she had been there riding out the storm in her warm viv with several poops in her corner.

One of the things that happened leading up to Snowpocalypse was we ran out of crickets and only had dubias left, so she's had only that for about a week. I had fed her 1 dubia the Saturday before the storm, fully intending to be back at school the following Monday. Then the storm hit, and we had four snow days in a row. I was able to watch her on the live feed for the first day or two, then it went down. As the storm wore on, we dug out with the 4x4 and went on a rescue mission.

When we arrived on Wednesday, she was warm and hungry, and ate 2 dubias. We packed her home, and since then she's had 2 dubias, one on Thursday, 1 today. However, I have noticed that there are NO poops anywhere in her home viv.

This is a familiar tank for her, albeit slightly adjusted in position since the last time she was home.

Her temp is between 31-32 C in her warm hide, so I am pretty sure she's getting good gut warmth.

Only thing I can think of is that the dubia-only diet is throwing her off?

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Grace at home.jpg
    Grace at home.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 6

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
It's not unusual for a change in diet to result in no poops for awhile or sometimes in diarrhea. I'm sure she'll go eventually (I have the same problem when I travel!)

Aliza

TeacherWithAGecko

At what point should I get worried? I will be getting her some crickets this week and will have her back on her same diet by this time next week.

TeacherWithAGecko

Alright, she pooped today, loose stool with a ton of minerals. Also, she's finally molting, so maybe that had something to do with things.

I'm putting her wet hide back in today as her home viv has loo little room for all the hides.

Attachments

• Grace molting.jpg
    Grace molting.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 7

Visit our friends