granite

Lecko my Gecko

Im a little dissapointed in some of the breeders/dealers in the gecko world right now, for a while Ive been seeing fatties with spots labled as granites, spots do not mean granite. this takes alot away from those of us that have been working on this trait for the last few years. the other day I saw a patty labbled as a granite patty because it had spots, this has taken all the fun out of the real granite patty project for me. for the last 3 years Ive been working on this, and feel like there is no point in continuing the project.most patternless have markings and or spots, this does not make them granites. just like some adult normals spot out after breeding, they are not granites. if breeders and dealers are labeling animals as something they are not just because they have a few spots, its misleading to the customers and it takes away from the breeders that actually have put the time into breeding and producing the desired traits. sorry, had to vent about this

gixxer3420

Most people out there know what a real granite looks like so you shouldn't worry about that. The best granites I have seen out there are JMG line and they are sweet. True granites are by far my favorite of all fat tail morphs. So if I were you I wouldn't worry about it. If you have been working on your granite line for the last 3 years your animals will speak for themselves.

Carinata

Breeder of High End AFTs
It's hard to tell sometimes. A true line bred Granite will come from Granite parents that have been selectivly bred for that Granite pattern. A lot of WC animals come in that look like Granites and many of them make awesome projects, but they are not line bred. I have a line of Granite I work with I call the "Extreme Granite" they came from WC lines . As of yet there is no genetic Granite, just line bred ones.

Visit our friends