gravid gecko shaking

J

Jgecko

Hello,

I've had 4 geckos for about 8 months now, 2 tangerines, 1 mack sno2, and 1 regular. All seem to be doing fine until this morning. I bred my tangerines and my female has laid 3 eggs in the last few days, only one of which I believe to be fertile. She has seemed fine and looks like the healthiest gecko I have weighing 70g and having a very fat tail. Although, this morning I noticed she was shaking while walking, and made that clicking sound when I picked her up. I have calcium in her dish, but I'm not sure if she's eating, I dusted a pinki for her to eat (never fed pinkis before) in hopes that will help her get her strength back. Any input on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ddkgeckos

Just up her calcium. It does take a lot of em being gravid. I get a cotton wool bud and dip it in water then dip it in some calcium powder and just rub it on her nose/mouth area and mine lick it off. and just give extra dusting on you live food and she will be fine.:main_thumbsup:

robin

Hello,

I've had 4 geckos for about 8 months now, 2 tangerines, 1 mack sno2, and 1 regular. All seem to be doing fine until this morning. I bred my tangerines and my female has laid 3 eggs in the last few days, only one of which I believe to be fertile. She has seemed fine and looks like the healthiest gecko I have weighing 70g and having a very fat tail. Although, this morning I noticed she was shaking while walking, and made that clicking sound when I picked her up. I have calcium in her dish, but I'm not sure if she's eating, I dusted a pinki for her to eat (never fed pinkis before) in hopes that will help her get her strength back. Any input on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ok wait, she has laid three eggs in the past few days?

Last edited:

Khrysty

Wow Robin i didnt even reconize that until you said it. Im not a leo breeder yet but dont they lay in pairs of 2?

They can lay up to four at a time, actually. Though that's VERY rare. Some females only lay one egg...the norm is to lay two at a time.

Visit our friends